Does Jesus Feel Us?

Last week I talked about feeling others pain. I submit that unless you are filled we the Spirit of Christ we will not be able to manifest the kind of Love and Compassion it takes to feel others pain and suffering. At least not in the way Christ would have felt or had compassion for others, for example when he looked at the multitude and was moved with compassion for they were like sheep without a Shepard. Where do you think that ability for us would come from?

“ For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.  Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.  Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.  For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
Hebrews 4:12-16(KJV)

AND

“For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.”
Hebrews 4:12-16(NLT)

These very verses present a double whammy for the Spirit filled Christian in a Very Good Way. They show us that we can know by, (the Two edge Sword of), The Word of God just were we are at. It can be our Guide to the thoughts and intents of our Hearts. The other great truths contained in this section is the reassurance that the Father is always keep tabs on things. Nothing escapes his view. The best part of that is that he put a the guy in charge that knows the score with humans. After all he was one and even though he’s little beyond being simply mortal he’s never forgotten what it’s like to be mortal. The great part is he never caved, and as a result saved us all. Now being our Lord and Master, Jesus is touch with our feelings of pain, suffering, loss, loneliness, and even the good things, so if they touch him then he feels them. He knows just how weak we are, (don’t kid yourself in your own strength your pretty weak), so he offers us access to his throne of Grace. Awesome!!!! Why do I say his throne of Grace? Because of the following verses.

“And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-20(NASB)

“For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. “For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.”
John 5:21-23(NASB)

Our Lord Jesus is definitely the guy in charge he’s been given all authority in Heaven and in Earth. What a help he is to the Father, he is the last piece of the puzzle that was needed to keep tabs on the human situation leading up to the end of the age. Jesus is in charge and very capable of understanding us, and having strong feeling for us as his brethren being the first born from the dead. He desires all of us to see the day coming of his return and walk into eternal life as he did.

“Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.”
John 14:6 (NASB)

“Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.”
Matthew 7:13 & 14(NASB)

I was recently speaking at a prison in Rhode Island were I’m involved in Life Skills Classes. Our classes are is in the Chapel. So when I was speaking to a group of inmates on the the Good News of the Gospel, I was talking on these two scriptures above. There was on the wall behind me a Large Cross, so as I was speaking several times I turned and placed my hand at the base of that cross and said to them unless you come to cross of Christ you will not enter the Narrow gate of Matthew 7:13 &14. I told them that they can go to that cross and leave behind their pain, suffering, and most all their sin, no matter what it is. They can then and leave it behind forever and walk away from it clean and new. I also told them that Jesus is the only way to the narrow gate for he truly is the way, the truth, and the life. This gives us access to the Father and the Kingdom of God. I wear a chain around my neck with a simple silver cross on it. Many time I reach for it hold that cross in my fingers. When I do this, I think to myself this cross is the key to the gate, The Narrow Gate!!! So lets keep looking to the Lord Jesus he is the author and finisher of our faith.

“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:2(KJV)
I Love You All Keep Looking Up!!!
JimT

14 Responses to “Does Jesus Feel Us?”

1. on 27 Jun 2011 at 1:47 pmGeorge

Thank you,I need to hear Gods word and bring my mind back to all God did through Christ when He raied him from the dead.

2. on 27 Jun 2011 at 4:23 pmXavier

JimT

Thank you for the article. I admire the work you are doing in prisons and hope people come to repentance through the preaching of the Gospel of God’s Kingdom.

What exactly is “Life Skills Classes”?

What do you mean by “Spirit filled Christian”?

3. on 28 Jun 2011 at 9:17 amJimT

Turning Point Miniistries sponsors a curriculum on biblical based classes such as Anger managment, Discission making, release from substance abuse, and more. The Providence Rescue Mission has purchased these classes for the use in the prison minisrty. In the classes the material is not only scripture based, but we get the opportunity to share the Gospel of the Good news of Christ to people who other wise may never be reached. It is a privilege that the Lord would count me as one to carry such a ministry. That is very humbling to me!!

I believe with out the Spirit of Christ we are dead spiritually.

John 4:23 (NASB) “But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Romans 8:9 (NASB) However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.

John 15:26 (KJV) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

This in part only is what I base spirit filled on ther is more but, time doesn’t permit me right now, talk to you later.

Love Jim

4. on 28 Jun 2011 at 9:46 amXavier

JimT

Once again, I commend you on your efforts to preach the Gospel of God’s Kingdom to all people. Keep it up!

My querie regarding “spirit-filled” is geared more toward your views on whether or not the Bible teaches such an idea.

Persuant to that, how does one GET “born again/from above”?

5. on 28 Jun 2011 at 7:21 pmSteve

Xavier

The term “spirit-filled” Christians perhaps takes its case from Eph 4:18. I am not against the idea – Paul himself said we (Christians) ought to be (Gr. plirousthe [present tense word]).

The reason for the term, is because there are Christian denominations that do not believe in being “spirit filled” whilst others do so, but advocate a wrong understanding of “how to be”.

Are you spirit filled?
    If one is unsure, they need to seek out what Paul meant – perhaps then one can determine by examining their own life against the mirror of Scripture, whether they are!

6. on 28 Jun 2011 at 10:13 pmXavier

Steve

Case in point, nothing wrong with the term – the more appropriate question should be: Are you spirit filled?

Got an answer for us? And to my previous one…HOW do you get “spirit-filled”?

7. on 29 Jun 2011 at 7:59 amJimT

Maybe next article?

8. on 30 Jun 2011 at 5:32 amFiona

Hi All
    If being “spirit filled” means that we are also filled with the fruitages of the spirit, ie: love, joy, peace, patience,kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, self control (Gal5:23,24), if we do not exhibit all these things, does the reverse apply; that we are NOT spirit filled?
    If so, how do we go about acquiring the spirit? Is this through prayer and meditation only? Also, I submit that this can be subjective- some people more in touch with their spiritual side, may be more aware of being spirit filled than those who are more down to earth.
    I would love to hear your opinions
    Fiona

9. on 30 Jun 2011 at 7:33 amXavier

Fiona

…how do we go about acquiring the spirit? Is this through prayer and meditation only?

This is what I have been asking for some time. Two-fold question:

1. What does the Bible MEAN by “spirit-filled”?

2. How does one become “spirit-filled”?

10. on 30 Jun 2011 at 9:19 amSarah

Hi guys,

This isn’t exactly the same topic covered in the original post, but it does have to do with God’s love. I’ve heard it said frequently that God’s love makes no sense without the trinity. It is said that if he were just one God, he would have had no one to love for eternity past. It is also argued that if he is not a trinity, that means he was dependent on his creation to show his love. Christians are told that God’s love for humanity is a reflection of God’s love among the members of the trinity, and makes no sense apart from it.

As I think on it, though, God’s wrath is another aspect of his nature, yet I doubt trinitarians would suggest he has been expressing wrath towards himself from eternity past.

Anyway, I have heard this line of reasoning from several scholars and prominent pastors, yet couldn’t find any unitarian rebuttals. What are your thoughts?

11. on 30 Jun 2011 at 10:24 amXavier

Sarah

…God’s wrath is another aspect of his nature, yet I doubt trinitarians would suggest he has been expressing wrath towards himself from eternity past.

We all love to put those nice. lovely verses around our house like “God is love”, etc. But have you seen anyone’s house with a verse like “God is a consuming fire” on their kitchen stove? 😛

In another thread Ron S. expressed a similar sentiment when he questioned the trini argument of needing an eternal, immortal God to die for the sins of the world. When the sins in questions are finite and not eternal. 🙂

12. on 30 Jun 2011 at 11:09 amSarah

Love it!

Actually, I see a number of God’s attributes that cannot be turned inward upon himself – jealousy, anger, justice, even his holiness (set apart from whom?)…

13. on 01 Jul 2011 at 10:58 amSarah

Case in point. Just today I noticed the article “Islam’s view of God’ in the most recent Answers In Genesis magazine. This article makes suggestions for witnessing to muslims. Here is how they suggest you explain the trinity to a muslim:

“…since Allah is impersonal, he is without multiple persons in his own being on which to show love before creating the world and teaching love to his creatures. If Allah did not have the attribute of love before creation, how could he create beings with this attribute?

Each person of the trinity – Father, Son, and Holy Spirit – has loved each of the others from eternity. The triune God has always had an object for His love.”

But let’s follow that line of reasoning through. We must therefore also say that God was angry with himself, jealous of himself, and set apart from himself for all of eternity, since he is also a God of wrath, jealousy, and holiness. Ridiculous!

14. on 01 Jul 2011 at 11:03 amXavier

Sarah

Allah is impersonal? Didn’t know Muslims also held to a non-personal Deity.

FYI…not long ago there was an interesting article in the popular “Christianity Today” magazine called The Son and the Crescent: Bible translations that avoid the phrase “Son of God” are bearing dramatic fruit among Muslims. But that translation has some missionaries and scholars dismayed. :{