Loading Psalm 110 by Rev. Vince Finnegan...
< switch to video | download mp3 | more teachings >
Psalm 110:1-7 Much prophetic information is presented about our Lord Jesus Christ.
“The LORD [Yahweh] said unto my Lord [Adon]….” The second “Lord” in the AV is from the Hebrew Adon, and in the NASB, it is from the Hebrew word Adonai. In the Masoretic Text, it is the word Adon.
Hebrew Words Translated “Lord”
- YHWH - Transliterated Yahweh – The name of God
- Adone - Lord, master, owner, controller; (from a root meaning to rule) – a sovereign
- Adonai - Emphatic form of Adone – “The Lord” - A title of God translated “Lord;” used 444 times, most of which are referring to God
Matthew 22:41-46; Luke 20:42-44 They did not understand that the Christ was also the Son of God.
Acts 2:29-36; Psalms 16:8-10; Acts 13:33-37 Here for the first time, insight is given into the fullness of the prophesy regarding the ascension.
Hebrews 10:11-14 Hebrews brings in the understanding about the sacrifice and high priest.
Jesus is currently sitting at the right hand of God until Yahweh makes his enemies a footstool for his feet.
- Right hand - Exodus 15:6-12, Hand of blessing and strength - Psalms 17:7, 18:35; 20:6; 48:10; 60:5; 63:8
- Footstool - implies humility and subjection - Psalms 99:5, 132:7; Isaiah 66:1
- He remains at God’s right until God moves to cause the enemies to be in subjection. We know that Satan and the demons will be locked in chains when Jesus returns, and all the kingdoms of the world will have been humbled to the degree of submitting to King Jesus.
2 - Scepter is the rod or staff carried by the king as a symbol of royal power or authority, sovereignty.
Rule in the midst of your enemies Psalms 2:1-9; 132:18
3 The royal troops will be numerous and voluntarily come clothed in holy array.
4 Melchizedek was a priest-king over Jerusalem - Genesis 14
Zechariah 6:13; Hebrew 5:6-10; 7:22
5 & 6 The king goes out to war, and the Lord (Adonai), as the master of the universe, supports him by being at his right hand. He is at the right hand of the king. Psalms 16:8; 109:31; and 121:5 & 6
A day of accountability is appointed, and the day will be a time of vindication. Psalms 2:-12; 21:9; Isaiah 13:9; and Zeph. 2:3 On that day, Yahweh will judge the nations. Ps. 2:9; 7:8; 9:8; 76:9; and Revelation 19:11-21
7 The king will enjoy victory because the Lord fights for him.
« back to sermon archive