Hell and Mr. Fudge Movie

So they are making a movie about Edward Fudge and his discovery that hell is a place yet to be established rather than currently existing and it consumes what is thrown into it rather than keeping people alive to torment forever. The movie depicts the various struggles and tribulations Fudge went through for questioning one of mainstream Christianity’s most beloved dogmas.

I can’t wait until it comes out and sincerely hope it makes it all the way up to New York! I love the thought of a movie showing the courage and tenacity it takes to stand up for truth even when it costs you everything.

12 Responses to “Hell and Mr. Fudge Movie”

1. on 31 Aug 2012 at 1:30 amGeorge

Love it,thanks this could be a wonderful change from what we normally get these days at the movies!Love you and yours,george

2. on 31 Aug 2012 at 6:15 pmtimothy

We all love movies that reveal the truth….AGORA was especially good.

3. on 01 Sep 2012 at 1:47 amSean

Timothy,

Agora was horrifying yet phenomenally instructive

4. on 04 Sep 2012 at 6:53 pmRussell

Initial thoughts:
    1. That was a crazy long trailer (I feel like I just watched the whole movie).
    2. I never heard of Edward Fudge, but this movie and the subject matter is real intriguing.
    3. After just researching Mr. Fudge, I really liked his take on “sexual intimacy & holiness” –> http://edwardfudge.com/gracemails/sexual_intimacy_and_holiness.html … does he have any other good stuff.

5. on 04 Sep 2012 at 8:04 pmSheryl

If you go to this site: http://www.edwardfudge.com/written/fire.html and scroll down, there is a 3-part lecture you can listen to, and I am in the middle of listening to the debate as well. I have a feeling Mr. Fudge is not monotheist and not sure of his views on other doctrines. But he is easy and pleasant to listen to, very knowledgeable and convincing.

6. on 04 Sep 2012 at 9:27 pmSean

Russell,

His famous book on Hell is called The Fire That Consumes. He also has another shorter book called Hell: Two Views in which he debates a traditionalist on the subject. Finally, his latest book is called Hell: A Final Word. Check out his interview on the rethinkinghell.com podcast. Search iTunes for “rethinking hell” or “Edward Fudge” to get the podcast. Also, Brian Kelly mentioned he has some videos on youtube.

7. on 05 Sep 2012 at 11:00 amSarah

Thanks for the links to Mr. Fudge’s web site, Sheryl & Russell. Looking forward to viewing his lectures.

8. on 06 Sep 2012 at 1:03 amEdward Fudge

Thanks for this blog . . . for the interest of all who have commented and for your willingness to think about the subject with an open mind. All I care about is what Scripture teaches. The third edition of THE FIRE THAT CONSUMES came out in 2011 from Cascade Books, a division of Wipf and Stock, and in it I respond to 11 traditionalist authors of 11 books since my first edition in 1982.

On the movie, if you send an email to the movie co-producer Jim Wood at jww@me.com you can get on a mailing list that will send you updates on where to see it, etc. Right now it is being examined by some major distributors, also a test run being planned in Lubbock, Chicago, and Nashville, at some point, DVDs will be available! Thanks again for your comments – check out my website at http://www.EdwardFudge.com and the movie website at http://www.hellandmrfudge.com

9. on 06 Sep 2012 at 9:35 amSean

Edward,

Thank you for stopping by and providing this information. I think the time has come for a movie like this to catch on in the wider culture. Those of us who have grown up in the information age are averse to the censorship of ideas and eager to give non-institutionally sanctioned views a listen. I hope the movie makes it up to New York! Also, I really enjoyed your interviews with Chris Date.

10. on 06 Sep 2012 at 1:10 pmSheryl

Thank you for the email link, Mr. Fudge. I’m looking forward to receiving updates and hoping some place in Denver will be showing the movie. if not, I’ll wait for the DVD distribution. I was wondering… I also live close to New Life Church and I just wondered if a megachurch would be willing to give a movie like this a chance.

11. on 04 Feb 2013 at 11:33 amJoshua

Awesome! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I hadn’t heard a thing about this before.

Definitely look forward to finding some way to see it way over here in the Far East…

12. on 16 Nov 2013 at 9:40 amBill LaClair

If you want to read another book that addresses hell in the same fashion Edward Fudge does, consider “The Cosmic Bully?:Discovering the True Character of God” by Bill LaClair. It not only discusses hell, but many other judgments God has issued that force many people to wonder if God is good. Fear of the Lord, genocide, Uzzah and many others are included.