John 8:31-36 The word “continue” is from the Greek “meno” which is also translated stay, remain, abide, dwell. Jesus’ disciple is one who stays in his word.
Luke 8:11-15 There are four responses to our Lord’s word.
But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.
Matthew 28:18-20 Discipling includes helping others to be immersed in Yahweh our Father, Jesus Christ our Lord, and the holy spirit.
1 Thessalonians 2:3-13 We are to handle people like a nursing mother and concerned father would do.
Galatians 6:1-10 People ultimately decide their own walk; however, we can all use the help of others.
2 Timothy 2:24-26
Matthew 28:18-20 The best way of learning is one on one.
John 10:11 Jesus is the good shepherd and our example of how to disciple others.
- Jesus invited his disciples to join him in his life.
- Hospitality - John 1:38-39; Mark 2:1ff They came to his home.
- They went to a wedding together. John 2:1ff
- He went to the disciples’ place of work. Matthew 4:18ff
- Went to Peter and Matthew’s homes Matthew 8:14-17; 9:9-13
- Witnessed to their family and friends
- Communicated with families Matthew 20:20
- Road trips three times a year to Jerusalem
- Went to temple and synagogues together
- He taught them to pray and set an example.
- Taught how to deal with antagonists
- Helped them when they were tempted Luke 22:31-32
- Taught them God dependency and shunned co-dependency
One on one teaching is the best because it is according to the person’s pace and there is dialog.
<< God According to the Torah
Weekly Bible Teaching Archive