Isaiah 53:3-5 Jesus lived a life of self-sacrifice.
Luke 4:38-44 Jesus ministered all night long.
Matthew 8:23-28 He slept because he was exhausted.
Matthew 15:29-38 He laid hands on each one, so it took 3 days.
Philippians 2:3-5-8 Jesus expects people to have the same level of commitment.
Matthew 8:19-22 Following Jesus requires self-sacrifice.
Matthew 10:32-37 People might deny Christ because of fear, embarrassment, not fitting in with others, shame.
John 7:1-5 His brothers did not believe in him.
Mark 3:21(ESV) And when his family heard it….
Matthew 10:38 The cross represents death. We must die to self-interest, self-desire, self-concern.
Matthew 13:44-46 Prioritize
Luke 14 25-35
26 If we are to be his disciples, no commitment to someone or something else can be allowed to compete with our commitment to him
- Sacrifice the normal comforts most enjoy, like your home
- Now is the time to commit, no delay, no procrastination
- We must never be ashamed, rather boldly proclaim the name of Christ.
- Family must not come before Christ
- Die to self interest
- Kingdom must be first at all cost
- Human emotions, feelings, or reasoning are not elevated above God’s word and will.
- The cost is everything that we are and all that we have.
<< Get Up! Get Moving! God Has Called YOU!
Weekly Bible Teaching Archive